Recipe by Nana Lee
Jean K's Mushroom Filled Meat Loaf w/Sour Cream Sauce is from the LCF recipe site and is very low carb. Perfect for those watching their carb intake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Set aside.
- MAKE MEATLOAF:.
- Combine eggs, cream, ground beef, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Put 1/2 of the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Make a shallow trough down the center of the meat.
- Spoon mushroom filling into the trough.
- Shape remaining meat mixture on a piece of waxed paper to cover the meat loaf.
- Seal around all edges.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- SOUR CREAM SAUCE::.
- Stir together the sour cream, horseradish, salt, paprika and poppy seeds.
- Heat over low heat until hot.
- Serve over sliced meatloaf.