Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the flavor of dry mushrooms. The combination of the mushrooms, sausage and balsamic is heavenly.
- 2 1⁄2 ounces dried mushrooms, mixed Chanterelle, Porcini, Morel, Shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, minced
- 1 lb low-fat italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine
- 4 sprigs fresh marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place mushrooms in 2 cups warm water for at least 20 minutes. Reserve liquid.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, stir mushrooms and marjoram in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and vinegar, stir occasionally, keeping meat in chunks, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile pour mushroom liquid in a pan, add broth and bring to boil.
- Add fettuccine; cook until barely tender. Strain and reduce broth to 2 cups.
- Add pasta and mushrooms. Season to taste. Garnish with marjoram.
Lovely! I really enjoyed the earthy flavours of wonderful pasta dish.