Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was posted on another site. If you like mushroom fettucine, this is a must-try!
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups if they're smalled mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- -Cook fettucine to desired doneness. drain. keep warm.
- -Melt margarine/butter in large skillet over med heat; add mushrooms, shallots.
- -Cook until mushrooms are soft.
- -Stir in flour, pimiento, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute Add cream; cook over med heat until mixture boils and thickens; stirring constantly.
- -Add cheese; cook one min or until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- -Serve over fettucine and sprinkle with fresh parsley -- and garlic bread!
A simple dish to make and my DH enjoyed it very much! We used unsalted butter, baby portabello mushrooms, one large shallot, and dried parsley that was added to the sauce. He stirred the sauce and seasoned accordingly. Would be a pretty dish for company too! Made and reviewed for VickyJ's Cookathon.
I made this over the weekend and loved it! I used butter, brown mushrooms, no pimentos as my DH can't stand them, and 1/2 cup of cheese. Great ingredients, easy to follow directions-fantastic flavor! I will make this again!
Heaven!!! Made this to go with VickyJ's Montreal Rubbed Chicken#192079 and everyone loved it. I did use a mixture of mushrooms which turned the dish into a restaurant meal. Definately a keeper (both recipes are going into my Favorites of 2012) and one I will make again. Made for in Memory of VickyJ Cook-a-thon.