Recipe by VickyJ
This was posted on another site. If you like mushroom fettucine, this is a must-try!
Top Review by lauralie41
A simple dish to make and my DH enjoyed it very much! We used unsalted butter, baby portabello mushrooms, one large shallot, and dried parsley that was added to the sauce. He stirred the sauce and seasoned accordingly. Would be a pretty dish for company too! Made and reviewed for VickyJ's Cookathon.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups if they're smalled mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- -Cook fettucine to desired doneness. drain. keep warm.
- -Melt margarine/butter in large skillet over med heat; add mushrooms, shallots.
- -Cook until mushrooms are soft.
- -Stir in flour, pimiento, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute Add cream; cook over med heat until mixture boils and thickens; stirring constantly.
- -Add cheese; cook one min or until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- -Serve over fettucine and sprinkle with fresh parsley -- and garlic bread!