Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A really nice side dish
Make and share this Mushroom Fettuccine Florentine recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 cup diced fresh plum tomato
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced Fontina cheese
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions, drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl; cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, onion, salt and black pepper; cook until mushrooms are golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in creamed spinach and tomatoes; cook until tomatoes are heated through, about 3 minutes. Spoon over reserved pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat adding reserved pasta water according to desired consistency. Serve immediately.