Diamond Joe's Note:
I saw this recipe recently in a NJ newspaper and just had to try it. Thought it was better than the fettuccine in most NYC restaurants. If you like mushrooms and alfredo sauce, this is for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (more as needed)
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (reg or white doesn't matter)
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup cream sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 cups good parmesan cheese
- 1In a good size skillet with a tight fitting lid, melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat. when melted, add olive oil and shallots. cook shallots until tender and slightly carmelized. Then add the minced garlic.
- 2Add the mushrooms and mix together until they start to cook down. If the pan appears dry, add a little more olive oil as needed. Cover and Cook until the mushrooms are tender, about 6-7 minutes.
- 3Once the mushrooms are tender, Add the salt, pepper, allspice and sherry. Cook for several minutes until the mushrooms absorb some of the liquid.
- 4Raise the heat a little and add the cream and remaining butter. Stir frequently until the sauce starts to bubble and thicken, then reduce the heat back to medium and add the cheese and parsley, incorporating all ingredients together, adding the cheese gradually. Do not add the cheese all at once or it will not melt properly and clump in the sauce. Add it in about 3-4 additions. Stir until the sauce is thick.
- 5Serve over fettuccine that is cooked al dente.
- 6NOTE- This recipe can easily be halved for a quick romantic dinner for 2!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 933.1
- Calories from Fat 694
- Total Fat 77.1 g
- Saturated Fat 44.3 g
- Cholesterol 237.5 mg
- Sodium 1411.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 26.6 g