Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my favorite dumplings from Kunming.
Make and share this Mushroom Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
For the wrapper
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- warm water
- 2 lbs shiitake mushrooms
- 1⁄2 head garlic
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or lard)
- Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Slowly add warm water; use as little as possible. Cover the dough with a hot, moist towel, and put it somewhere warm to risee.
- Peel the garlic and chop it fine. Melt the coconut oil in a pan and sautée the garlic in it until fragrant.
- Chop the mushrooms finely.
- Pour the garlic oil mixture over the mushrooms, and add salt to taste.
- Knead your dough. Roll into 1” balls and flatten with your palms. Flour the surface and rolling pin and roll out the edges of the dough bits, making sure the center is thicker than the outsides.
- Scoop the meat mixture into the center of the dough disc. Pinch the dough together in a circular motion around the dumplings using a watch-winding motion.
- Steam the filled dumplings in a bamboo basket for 7-10 minutes. To prevent sticking, place the dumplings on cucumber slices.