Spicy Little Sister's Note:
One of my favorite dumplings from Kunming.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the wrapper
- 1Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Slowly add warm water; use as little as possible. Cover the dough with a hot, moist towel, and put it somewhere warm to risee.
- 2Peel the garlic and chop it fine. Melt the coconut oil in a pan and sautée the garlic in it until fragrant.
- 3Chop the mushrooms finely.
- 4Pour the garlic oil mixture over the mushrooms, and add salt to taste.
- 5Knead your dough. Roll into 1” balls and flatten with your palms. Flour the surface and rolling pin and roll out the edges of the dough bits, making sure the center is thicker than the outsides.
- 6Scoop the meat mixture into the center of the dough disc. Pinch the dough together in a circular motion around the dumplings using a watch-winding motion.
- 7Steam the filled dumplings in a bamboo basket for 7-10 minutes. To prevent sticking, place the dumplings on cucumber slices.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.4
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 11.3 g