Recipe by JenSmith
Wonderfully different baked potatoes! Simple to make, easy to eat. From Southern Living, February 1986.
- 4 small baking potatoes (about 1 1/3 lb)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes; bake at 400 degrees F for 50-60 minutes, until done.
- Saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender; set aside. Combine cheese, dillweed, and seasonings, mixing well.
- Split tops of potatoes lengthwise, and fluff pulp with a fork.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over potatoes, and top with a dollop of cheese mixture.