Recipe by Sweet'n'Spicy Chef
South Indian mushroom dish in a rich gravy - very healthy & yummy!
Top Review by Sharon123
I really enjoyed this dish! I altered it just a bit to fit my new diet. I left out the black pepper and red chile powder, and used fresh ginger and garlic instead of the paste. Loved the flavors! Thank you!
- 1⁄2 kg mushroom
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 -3 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 5 teaspoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut mushroom into thin slices.
- Grind cinnamon, fennel seeds & clove to fine powder in a mixer.
- Heat oil in a pan & add the above powder & ginger garlic paste to it & fry for a minute on a low flame.
- Add chopped onions & fry till golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes & continue to fry till oil separates from it.
- Then add pepper , chilli & turmeric powder & mix well.
- Add mushrooms & 1/4 cup of water , salt & mix well.close the lid of the pan & let it cook in simmer.
- Uncover when mushrooms are cooked & keep stirring for few minutes till all the water evaporates & when it comes in the form of thick gravy type.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with basmati or jasmine rice.