Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
South Indian mushroom dish in a rich gravy - very healthy & yummy!
- 1⁄2 kg mushroom
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 -3 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 5 teaspoons oil
- Cut mushroom into thin slices.
- Grind cinnamon, fennel seeds & clove to fine powder in a mixer.
- Heat oil in a pan & add the above powder & ginger garlic paste to it & fry for a minute on a low flame.
- Add chopped onions & fry till golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes & continue to fry till oil separates from it.
- Then add pepper , chilli & turmeric powder & mix well.
- Add mushrooms & 1/4 cup of water , salt & mix well.close the lid of the pan & let it cook in simmer.
- Uncover when mushrooms are cooked & keep stirring for few minutes till all the water evaporates & when it comes in the form of thick gravy type.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with basmati or jasmine rice.
I really enjoyed this dish! I altered it just a bit to fit my new diet. I left out the black pepper and red chile powder, and used fresh ginger and garlic instead of the paste. Loved the flavors! Thank you!
This is the first ever mushroon recipe I tried and it turned out very well. My family loved the curry very much especially my three plus yr old daughter enjoyed a lot. Thanks for this tasty recipe.