Recipe by ohgal
Once a year my dh buys cubed steaks at the "West Side Market" with an Entertainment coupon just before it expires. I usually make a swiss steak type dish with them, but this looked good to me, since I like mushrooms. I put it here for safe keeping. It did turn out tasty, though the broth needs to be thickened in the end I thought.
Top Review by Outta Here
This is an easy weeknight dinner. Tasted great. Wasn't sure if there was an ingredient missing, because the instructions say to "Add juice and beef broth" but don't know what juice it meant, since there is none in the ingredient list. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cubed minute steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, over low heat, cook onion in butter. Add mushrooms, saute 5 minutes over medium heat. Add juice and beef broth over high heat.
- until liquid reduces by half.
- Combine flour and pepper and coat steaks in a large skillet. Melt butter and cook steaks 3-4 minutes until browned. Pour mushroom sauce over steaks and simmer until sauce thickens slightly for 3-4 minutes.