Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Serve this quiche with a fresh fruit for a wonderful meal. For something different, you can change up the cheese -- Monterey jack with green chilies, diced ham with Cheddar or bacon bits, sauteed onions and Jarlsberg.
Top Review by Lawsome
The flavor was ok, just didn't live up to my expectations. I made the quiche as written (no substitutions or additions), and I thought it was a little bland. When I read the recipe, I thought it would be very rich, but the quiche didn't come out that way.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup saltine crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan and set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsps. butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic powder, mix well.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Press the mixture over the bottom and up the side of the prepared pan.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in the same skillet used for mushrooms.
- Add the green onions and saute until soft.
- Spread over mushroom crust.
- Sprinkle the Swiss cheese over the green onions.
- Combine the cottage cheese, eggs and cayenne in a blender and process until smooth (you can also use a stick blender).
- Pour over Swiss cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.