Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are very delicious, indeed! An incredible appetizer to tickle the appetite. From the Panera Bread Cookbook.
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces field mushrooms, sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil and place a few at time in the hot skillet. Toast for 2 minutes, turning often, until browned and firm. Rub the cut side of the garlic on the bread toasts to infuse a subtle flavor.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and coat with olive oil. Add the shallot, garlic and rosemary. Sauté for 1 minute to soften. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are soft and brown, about 10 minutes. Stack the mushrooms on the garlic crostini.
This was fantastic! I cooked a big Vegan Buffet for my family (all meat-eaters :) ), and this was definately the favourite. It was really easy and quick too, my favorite kind of cooking :)
Very,very good. Thank You!!
Thank you, the DM, DS and myself enjoyed this lovely treat as part of our Appy night. My mushrooms were big and meaty and just over 9 oz worth. I did just toast the bruschettina slices in the toaster and then rubbed with the garlic clove and topped with the mushrooms. Thanks you Brandess, made for Swap #21 October 2008