Recipe by Secret Agent
Very fast and easy to do if you make the crepes and chop and saute the mushrooms a day ahead. Make Wonderfully Delicate Crepes up to a day ahead and just fill the crepes and serve for a nice lunch or dinner with a salad! You can stuff the crepes as much as you want but eight crepes is a nice size.
- 1 lb mushroom, stemmed, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup beef stock, low sodium (or home-made)
- 1⁄4 cup sauterne (dry plus 2 tablespoons, Gallo is good for this recipe)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 crepes (Wonderfully Delicate Crepes)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make one recipe of Recipe #364355 (crepes).
- Chop the mushroom stems and slice the caps.
- Saute the caps in 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Don't crowd the pan or they will start to steam and lose the juices, so do in batches and set them on a plate.
- In the same pan saute the minced stems for a few minutes. Again, don't crowd the pan, add butter as you need it.
- In the same pan do the shallots for about 1 minute and then add the stems back into the pan and stir them together.
- Add the sautern and de-glaze the pan and then add the beef stock and boil until it is reduced by half. Lower the heat to medium low. Add the 1 1/4 cup cream and caps and stir well being careful not to break the caps.
- When the cream is heated through add 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to the remaining 2 tablespoons of sautern and add to the pan. Stir until thickened. Check the seasonings and add salt if needed.
- Spoon filling onto crepes and roll or fold them, placing them on a warm buttered platter or dinner plates. Spoon sauce over tops of crepes and sprinkle with parsley and serve right away.