1 hr 15 mins
Secret Agent's Note:
Very fast and easy to do if you make the crepes and chop and saute the mushrooms a day ahead. Make Wonderfully Delicate Crepes up to a day ahead and just fill the crepes and serve for a nice lunch or dinner with a salad! You can stuff the crepes as much as you want but eight crepes is a nice size.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mushroom, stemmed, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup beef stock, low sodium (or home-made)
- 1/4 cup sauterne (dry plus 2 tablespoons, Gallo is good for this recipe)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 crepes (Wonderfully Delicate Crepes)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Make one recipe of Wonderfully Delicate Crepes (crepes).
- 2Chop the mushroom stems and slice the caps.
- 3Saute the caps in 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Don't crowd the pan or they will start to steam and lose the juices, so do in batches and set them on a plate.
- 4In the same pan saute the minced stems for a few minutes. Again, don't crowd the pan, add butter as you need it.
- 5In the same pan do the shallots for about 1 minute and then add the stems back into the pan and stir them together.
- 6Add the sautern and de-glaze the pan and then add the beef stock and boil until it is reduced by half. Lower the heat to medium low. Add the 1 1/4 cup cream and caps and stir well being careful not to break the caps.
- 7When the cream is heated through add 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to the remaining 2 tablespoons of sautern and add to the pan. Stir until thickened. Check the seasonings and add salt if needed.
- 8Spoon filling onto crepes and roll or fold them, placing them on a warm buttered platter or dinner plates. Spoon sauce over tops of crepes and sprinkle with parsley and serve right away.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.6
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 156.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: