Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is excellent with baked, sauteed or grilled chicken.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup rich chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in medium saute pan, add the onions to the pan and sauté on medium heat until softened.
- Add the crushed garlic clove and the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are no longer crisp. Remove and discard the garlic.
- Add the sour cream and the heavy cream to the onions and mushrooms.
- Lower the heat. Keep warm, but do not boil. Salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe was fantastic and delicious! Makes up quickly and is great over chicken and rice. We will be using this again.