Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This casserole is a family favorite, please use only Swiss cheese for this recipe, I have made this using another cheese and it is just not as good. You will love this I promise!
Top Review by Babushka
Very tasty. . .left out the peppers as well, but I added 3/4lb of cubed chicken to it and used cheddar instead of swiss because I didn't realize we were out of swiss! It was certainly a nice easy meal and my husband ate half of the casserole in one sitting. We will be making this again.
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided (or use more or less)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, well drained
- 1 cup canned mushroom, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oen to 400 degrees.
- Grease a medium baking dish.
- In a frypan, saute green pepper and onion and garlic until soft in 4 tablespoons butter.
- Stir in 1/4 cup flour, creamed corn, salt and pepper; mix well to combine.
- Add/stir in cream cheese until melted and well blended.
- Stir/add in whole corn, mushrooms and Swiss cheese; stir to combine.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese then over the mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons (or more if desired) melted butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until hot and bubble.