1/2 Photos of Mushroom Corn Casserole
This casserole is a family favorite, please use only Swiss cheese for this recipe, I have made this using another cheese and it is just not as good. You will love this I promise!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided (or use more or less)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt or to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, well drained
- 1 cup canned mushroom, well drained
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Set oen to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease a medium baking dish.
- 3In a frypan, saute green pepper and onion and garlic until soft in 4 tablespoons butter.
- 4Stir in 1/4 cup flour, creamed corn, salt and pepper; mix well to combine.
- 5Add/stir in cream cheese until melted and well blended.
- 6Stir/add in whole corn, mushrooms and Swiss cheese; stir to combine.
- 7Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- 8Mix the breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese then over the mixture.
- 9Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons (or more if desired) melted butter.
- 10Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until hot and bubble.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Corn Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.1
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 1125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: