Recipe by ReeLani
Warm, thick mushroomy goodness for a cold winter day. Another recipe from "Old Fashioned Mushroom Recipes", which I haven't yet tried.
Top Review by Jen Wiehl
Pretty darn good. I used half shitake mushrooms and half white mushrooms, threw in extra potatoes and some garlic and Emeril's Essence. (It did need some kicking up) Hubby loved it and we'll have it again...probably add even more potatoes next time. Thanks!
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms (chop half of them)
- 1 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 quarts broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 cup grated raw potato
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chopped mushrooms and chicken broth in a large saucepan and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate skillet or saucepan sauté the remaining whole mushrooms and onion in butter.
- Then blend in flour.
- Stir this mixture into the hot broth with the raw potato.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- Add seasoning as desired.
- Just before serving add cream.
- Garnish bowls with chopped parsely or chives.