- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or more)
- 2 cups diced potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen creamed corn (or canned, I use more)
- 1 cup skim milk
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook about 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in potatoes, carrot and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, simmer about 10 minutes until potatoes are tender Add corn, milk,and pepper.
- Increase heat to high, cook until chowder is done stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.