Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Different mushroom varieties can give this soup different flavours. Quick, easy and low fat.
Make and share this Mushroom Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook about 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in potatoes, carrot and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, simmer about 10 minutes until potatoes are tender Add corn, milk,and pepper.
- Increase heat to high, cook until chowder is done stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
I added some cooked, diced chicken and wow...loved it! Thank you for posting this recipe.
This is a wonderful chowder. It reheats well. We have been eating for lunch all week. (I made two batches.) I used one can of cream corn and 2% milk. Thanks for posting!
Great recipe. I made some substitutions.....I really didn't want a thick chowder, so I used regular corn rather than cream of corn....this made for a much lighter soup, since it is summer right now. I also like that this is not a high-calorie high-fat soup....very good indeed.