Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very easy and hearty entree! These are teriffic served with mashed potatoes.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a bag.
- Add chops and shake to coat.
- Brown chops in butter in lg skillet.
- Put chops in greased baking dish.
- In same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms for 1 minute.
- Slowly add milk and blend well.
- Bring to a boil, boil 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pour over the chops.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 1 hour or until chops are done.
Goodness! We've never had hungarian chops before but this is by far the best chops I've ever tasted. I doubled the onion (sliced thin) and add more milk (we just LOVE onions in gravy), just for personal preference. Served over rice. The ultimate comfort food. Thank you!
This was delicious! The pork chops were so tender and juicy and the flavors all blended very nicely. Notes: I used whole button mushrooms instead of sliced and also had bought bone-in rather than boneless pork chops by mistake, so I used them anyway and it came out great. The meat was fork tender. Easy to prepare, with accurate instructions. Wonderful.
YUMMY!! This recipe has all of my favorite ingredients, EXCEPT garlic, so I added about 1/2 tsp (OK, maybe 1 tsp.) garlic powder to the sauce. I used 4 boneless sirloin chops, leaving lots of yummy sauce to serve over rice. Thanks for posting!! ~Manda