- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 dried chipotle chiles, seeded,scissor-cut in thin rings or shreds
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 lb clean and sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 sprigs epazote
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet or pot.
- Sautee in the onion, garlic, and dry chipotle Add the mushrooms, lower theheat and simmer until mushrroms give off some of their juices.
- Add the chicken broth and let slow boil for 6 minutes in covered pot.
- Add salt and let slow boil for 3 more minutes.
- Add the 3 sprigs of epazote and let rest a little.