Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister gave me this recipe, she found it in a book for meals in 30 minutes. It's so easy and tasty too. I recommend serving with a salad or bread sticks (to mop up the honey mustard sauce).
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- salt & pepper
- 44.37 ml honey
- 44.37 ml Dijon mustard
- 709.77-946.36 ml sliced mushrooms
- Tenderize meat and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Put chicken in pan and brown both sides (approx 3 minutes per side). After it's browned, turn to medium heat and add mushrooms.
- Cover with a lid for 20 minutes. (If you don't have a lid, a cookie sheet or pizza sheet will work.).
- Cut into chicken to make sure it's done; if not, check it every 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken only from the pan, leaving the mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine equal amounts of Honey and Mustard and mix together. If you need to add more than stated, add according to taste.
- Add Honey and Mustard mixture to mushrooms; do not replace the lid. Stir until mushroom sauce thickens up and pour over the chicken to complete the dish.
Awesome recipe. Easy to make and tasty. Love it!
Easy tasty recipe. Takes minutes to put together and tastes like you slaved over it. I didn't use butter just a no oil spray. It gives the mushrooms & chicken a lovely sweet,but not too sweet, tangy flavor. Thanks BM for posting
We really thought this was great! Our sauce never really thickened but I think our mushrooms may have produced too much liquid in the skillet. We don't think that it compromised the dish however. The chicken still soaked up the liquid as well as the potatoes we served along with it. The flavors were great and you could really taste both the dijon and the honey. Thanks for a great and simple dish!