This is a great freezer meal. I think it came from one of the Frozen Assets books.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- chopped cilantro
- 1Cut chicken into 1/4-inch strips.
- 2In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, 1/4 cup broth, soy sauce, cayenne and sherry. Set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion and mushrooms and sauté until onion is brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 4Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook over medium hi heat until chicken is cooked through.
- 5Add onion and mushrooms back to pan.
- 6Pour in cornstarch mixture. Stir and cook until thickened and bubbly.
- 7To serve immediately:.
- 8Bring milk and 3/4 cup broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- 9Add couscous and stir well.
- 10Cover with a lid, remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes.
- 11fluff couscous with a fork.
- 12Serve chicken/mushroom mixture over the couscous.
- 13To freeze:.
- 14Cool chicken mixture. Package in a large freezer bag or a freezer container.
- 15To serve from frozen:.
- 16Thaw overnight in fridge or thaw in the microwave.
- 17Prepare couscous as above.
- 18Heat chicken mixture on stove top until hot and bubbly.
- 19Serve over couscous and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Chicken With Couscous - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 569.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 28.5 g