Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandma makes this for all the holidays. We LOVE it! It tastes great, and is so easy to make. Very good side dish.
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (we use Campbell's Condensed, not diluted)
- 10 1⁄2 fluid ounces water
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 12 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Mix all ingredients in a 2 quart covered casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees. (or for a few minutes longer, until all liquid has been absorbed.).
- Stir once or twice during cooking.