Recipe by RecipeNut
This is the healthy version for quesadillas but I also make it using regular instead of fatfree or reduced fat ; )
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 32 inches whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup canned fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup prepared salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large skillet halfway with water; bring to a boil. Poach chicken 7 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool, then shred with two forks.
- Remove skillet from heat and wipe clean. Coat skillet generously with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until softened.
- Spread all 4 tortillas with 1/4 cup refried beans. Divide cheese, chicken and mushrooms between 2 of the tortillas. Place remaining 2 tortillas on top; bean-side down.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Coat skillet and tops of quesadillas with nonstick cooking spray. Cook one quesadilla 4 minutes per side or until cheese has melted, reducing heat to medium if tortilla becomes too brown. Repeat with remaining quesadilla. Cut both quesadillas in half and serve with salsa.