This is a restaurant-quality dish that is worth making! Cooking time includes browning the chicken and sautéing vegetables.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use 1 teaspoon white salt)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (if you are a garlic-lover then use 1 teaspoon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 6 -7 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (can use a little more)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl whisk together broth, wine, lemon juice and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl mix together flour, seasoned salt (or white salt) paprika, garlic powder and black pepper; mix to combine well.
- In another shallow bowl mix together the eggs with milk.
- Dip the chicken pieces firstly in the egg mixture then coat in the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet heat butter and oil over medium heat; add in the coated chicken pieces and sauté until golden brown (do not cook completely) remove to a plate.
- To the same skillet add in mushroom slices and sauté for about 5-6 minutes or until they loose their moisture.
- Add in onion and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the browned chicken back to the skillet.
- Add in the wine/cornstarch mixture; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese if desired and fresh parsley.