From Better Homes and Gardens. This looks so great, I bought all the ingredients and I'm waiting for the opportunity to make this. Looks pretty easy.
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb chopped cremini mushroom (or shiitake or button or any mix of these)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh snipped oregano (1/4 tsp dried crushed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste or 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs meaty chicken pieces
- lemon, halves
- In skillet cook mushrooms,garlic, and oregano in hot olive oil over medium heat for 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in Marsala, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Return to heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Loosen skin on each piece of chicken on one side. Stuff mushroom mixture under skin. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- For charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around drip pan. Place chicken, bone side down on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill 50-60 minutes or until chicken no longer pink. (170°F for breasts 180°F for thighs and drums). For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place chicken on grill rack; grill as above.
- Serve with fresh lemon and oregano sprigs.
Wow!! What a fun and different way to make grilled chicken. I was only cooking for two of us tonite, so I cut the recipe in half. I used the soy sauce and optional marsala wine. Instead of serving it with the lemon halves, I melted 1 tablespoon of butter and mixed in the fresh lemon juice. I then basted the chicken a few times while grilling with the butter. The only other change I made was to use seasoned salt and pepper. Thanks for another great recipe!!!! Made for PAC.