Recipe by looneytunesfan
It gives an Italian treatment to chicken by slow-cooking it in a zesty tomato sauce and serving it over spaghetti.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, mushrooms, onion, wine or broth, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over spaghetti.