Recipe by Bergy
A "Do Ahead" appetizer. The puffs can be room temperature when you fill them. Fill them just before serving. These would also be nice with the filling heated
Top Review by -Sheri-
These were very good. Something happened though because I was really pushed for having enough mixture to fill all of the puff pastry. Next time I will double the recipe to make them really good.
- 2 (397 g) packages frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 (5 ounce) canschunk canned chicken, drained & chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or use garlic powder and add salt)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients, except puff pastry, together and refrigerate until ready to use; blend well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unfold the puff pastries and cut into 2" round circles or roll out the pastry to approximately 1/4" thickness.
- Place circles on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut off the tops, scoop out a bit of the soft pastry inside.
- Fill with chicken mixture, replace tops and serve.