Recipe by *Pixie*
Tender boneless chicken in mushroom gravy. Delicious served over rice or mashed potatoes.
Top Review by dale!
Absolutely fantastic! Better than expected! I was only serving two and used one large breast, however I kept the sauce quantities much the same as I like a lot of sauce. I left out the green onions. Also used 200ml chicken stock instead of broth(don't know if there is a difference),and served over rice with steamed broccoli.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lb white button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 can chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄2 can water (if the chicken broth is condensed, more chicken broth if it isn't)
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water, about,to mix with cornstarch
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cornstarch with enough water to make a thin paste.
- Simmer the mushrooms in 2 tbsp soya sauce in a non-stick pan at low heat until tender.
- Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp soya sauce and 1 tbsp chicken broth to the pan juices and add chicken, turning to coat as much of the chicken as possible in the soya sauce.
- Cook at a medium low heat until the chicken is almost done.
- Mix the remaining chicken broth and 1/2 c water (or broth) in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add a few tbsp of the hot liquid to the cornstarch paste, stir until smooth and then stir into the boiling gravy until thickened.
- Add the mushrooms and green onions to the gravy.
- Stir to mix.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour gravy over chicken in pan and simmer until fork tender.