Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a copycat recipe from a favorite Mexican restaurant of mine that is now closed. It is very simple to make. This is the perfect meal if you want to make dinner for two in under $7-8.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 0 . 5 to 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- tortilla chips or flour tortilla
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small to medium skillet on med-high heat. When the butter is melted, add the chicken.
- Place milk and 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir chicken every two minutes or so until golden brown.
- While chicken is cooking, add cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, and sour cream to saucepan. Stir continually until creamy.
- When chicken is browned, add to the mushroom sauce and stir to coat the chicken.
- Turn heat on the skillet to high. Add the mushrooms to cook until tender. Add mushrooms to saucepan and stir to coat.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let it sit a few minutes until the soups have thickened a bit.
- Serve in a bowl with tortilla chips or on a plate with tortillas.