Recipe by Busy Lindsay
This is quick, good and so simple! Great way to have chicken and mushrooms minus the cream sauce. This is so flavorful; it doesn't make a sauce but doesn't need it. Great with rice pilaf and veggies, or a side salad and rolls.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
My dh and I really enjoyed this. Unfortunately, the kiddos didn't care for it, otherwise I would have given it 5 stars. I substituted broth for the cooking sherry, used chicken breasts for the meat eaters and Quorn cutlets for the vegetarians. And I have to admit to adding all the extra mushrooms in the package. But I kept picking at them while cooking, so the family probably got the amount listed. I've added this one to my recipe book and will make for DH and I whenever it's just the 2 of us!! Can't wait!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1⁄4 cup riesling wine or 1⁄4 cup pinot grigio wine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, and split (or use 8 chicken breast tenderloins)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garilc powder on each side of chicken. Brown chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Push chicken to the sides of the skillet and add mushroms to center of skillet. Sauté mushrooms for 1 minute.
- Add wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms brown (about another minute or two. Stir mushrooms and chicken together.
- Dot butter on top of mushrooms and chicken. Add Sherry, vinegar, onion flakes, stir into chicken and mushrooms. Cook about 2 more minutes.
- Serve chicken and mushrooms together.