Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 portabella mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 5 -6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- red pepper flakes (a couple pinches)
- black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup couscous
- Heat olive oil in a skillet with a tight-fitting lid over med-high heat.
- Add in sliced mushrooms and spread them out in the skillet.
- Cook without stirring for about 3 minutes; they’ll get nice and brown if you don’t touch them.
- Add in the sage, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper; continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken stock and dried cherries; increase the heat.
- When the stock is boiling, add in the couscous, shake the skillet to settle it into the liquid.
- Turn the heat off, cover the skillet, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and serve.