Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yet another selection from "Old Fashioned Mushroom Recipes". No, I haven't tried this one either, but it sounds good.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salts in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In another bowl whip softened butter and beaten eggs together.
- Stir flour mixture into butter-egg mixture.
- Add onion, peppers, cheese and mushrooms.
- Mix well (batter will be stiff).
- Pour into loaf pan and back 50-60 minutes.
ReeLani, this bread was a huge hit with the boys. It didn't even last out the day, my BF and his brother devoured it. I thought it had a great flavor, but could almost taste the peppers more than the mushrooms, maybe increase amount of shrooms. Regardless, I will be making this again. It was pretty easy to make even for someone who is scared of making bread (me!). Thanks for this one.
This was very tasty. Kind of like a hand held vegetarian bread omelette. The only problem I had with it was the rise. It only filled a 1/4 of the loaf pan and when baked only came to half. I would like to double but really don't want to waste 6 eggs to get a full pan of bread. That aside this is an excellent breakfast bread. Next time I plan on doubling every thing except the eggs and adding some precooked bacon/sausage and 1 T of yeast. Thanks for sharing :)