Recipe by ReeLani
Yet another selection from "Old Fashioned Mushroom Recipes". No, I haven't tried this one either, but it sounds good.
Top Review by Kim127
ReeLani, this bread was a huge hit with the boys. It didn't even last out the day, my BF and his brother devoured it. I thought it had a great flavor, but could almost taste the peppers more than the mushrooms, maybe increase amount of shrooms. Regardless, I will be making this again. It was pretty easy to make even for someone who is scared of making bread (me!). Thanks for this one.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salts in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In another bowl whip softened butter and beaten eggs together.
- Stir flour mixture into butter-egg mixture.
- Add onion, peppers, cheese and mushrooms.
- Mix well (batter will be stiff).
- Pour into loaf pan and back 50-60 minutes.