Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious topping for tostadas or with crackers. Great appetizer! I use regular buttons because it is all I can get, but I am sure you can use all kinds.
- 453.59 g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 236.59 ml chopped red onion
- 473.18 ml tomatoes, diced
- 236.59 ml chopped cilantro
- 1 chopped habanero pepper (optional)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 to 3 limes, juice of
- Steam mushrooms just until soft.
- Let cool.
- Add next 7 ingredients chill in fridge and serve with tostadas or crackers of your choice.
Very good, and tastes amazing with shitake mushrooms (their soft texture goes great with this). I also used coriander instead of cilantro, which also works great.
Oh: and I did it without any steaming. As in other ceviche recipes, the lime juice can cook the mushrooms in 10-20 mins with no heat whatsoever.
This tasted good and was easy to make. Because I made this for someone with a special diet I did not use the oil or salt. Thanks for the recipe.
This recipe produced Mushroom Ceviche that was even better than the one we drove 1.5 hours out of Lima Peru to eat! I used yellow tomatoes from my garden as I had plenty that needed to be eaten. Fantastic!