Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The next time you are looking for something a little different to serve to guests, try this. This looks elegant mounded on a lettuce leaf and served with cucumber or toast rounds.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
- 1 -2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet and saute onion for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms, garlic, and nutmeg; continue to saute for 4-5 minutes, until very soft.
- Add vermouth, cook another minute or so, then remove from heat and cool. Stir in mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill, covered, until ready to serve.
Good Lord! I could take a bath in this stuff and be happy! I made it per the recipe and tried it and loved it. I warmed it up, added 2 tablespoons of blue cheese and fell in love with it! A MUST have Holiday Appy! Made for CC 2014
I loved this : it tasted great on bread! I used balsamic vinegar instead of vermouth but otherwise I didn't change a thing!Thanks.
So gooood! Used white wine instead of vermouth and a little extra nutmeg. We liked it better served warm. Thanks for sharing this great, simple and delicious recipe.