Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another tasty mushroom recipe that will serve 6 as a side dish. It is very easy.
- 4 slices bread
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups light cream
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Dry bread at 200°F.
- Butter bread when warm, & break into small pieces.
- Chop mushroom STEMS & slice CAPS.
- Layer mushrooms & bread in casserole.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice & pepper.
- Add cream until dish is 2/3 full.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed.