1/2 Photos of Mushroom Casserole?
Baby Kato's Note:
This dish is so quick and easy, you won't believe how great it tastes. One tasty little appetizer. If you like mushrooms you need to try this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slice French bread, sliced thick
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 453.59 g cremini mushroom, diced (or button or oyster mushrooms)
- 56.69 g dry white wine
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 59.16 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- 1.23 ml mace
- 14.79 ml breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter, diced
- 1Lightly toast bread under broiler until it turns a golden colour.
- 2Remove from oven and set aside.
- 3Saute shallots and garlic in butter until softened.
- 4Next, stir in mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook on medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- 5Add white wine to mushroom mixture and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in whipping cream and mace and simmer until sauce thickens, about 10 - 15 minutes.
- 7Once sauce thickens taste and re-season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- 8Place toasted bread on aluminum foiled cookie sheet.
- 9Spoon mushroom mixture over bread.
- 10Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs then dot with 1 tbsp of butter.
- 11Place under the broiler until top is a lovely golden colour. (watch carefully, it burns quickly).
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Casserole?
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 908.0
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.3 g
- Saturated Fat 32.9 g
- Cholesterol 167.8 mg
- Sodium 1651.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 20.3 g