Recipe by Megs the chef
This is a dry side dish that goes well with chapathis, pooris and plain parathas. I make this dish almost every week coz my husband loves it so much! If you have all the ingredients, you can prepare this dish within no time.
- 250 g white button mushrooms
- 2 small capsicums (cut into medium squares)
- 2 onions (cut into medium squares)
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon dhaniya powder
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon amchur or 1⁄2 teaspoon mango powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the mushrooms into two & half boil them in water to which a little turmeric and salt has been added. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet. Add the onions and saute till translucent.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and chopped capsicum and saute for a few minutes Add the mushrooms as well as all the powders along with the salt (be careful while adding salt). Mix well and stir for a few minutes Serve hot.
- For the this dish to look more colourful and appealing i.e for better presentation, you can use a combination of red, yellow and green capsicum.