Recipe by Paja
We smoke our own salmon, so I am always looking for something different to do with it. I often make mushroom caps stuffed with a crab mixture, so I thought, "Why not smoked salmon?" I think they go well together, and those who have eaten them really enjoy them.
- 18 jumbo mushrooms
- 175 g cream cheese, about 3/4 cup (light is fine)
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise (light is fine)
- 175 g smoked salmon, about 3/4 cup
- 2.46 ml dried dill
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml margarine or 14.79 ml butter
- 59.14 ml chopped parsley
- 118.29 ml fresh breadcrumb
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean mushrooms by wiping (do not wash.).
- Take stems out of mushrooms and save for another purpose.
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, smoked salmon, dill, lemon juice,margarine, 1 tablespoons butter, and parsley. Mix well.
- Brush insides and outsides of mushrooms with olive oil.
- Stuff mushrooms with cream cheese mixture, mounding it up a little.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and melted margarine and sprinkle over the mushrooms.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- The bread crumbs should be golden brown.
- Take care when eating. They will be very hot and there will be some very hot liquid in the mushroom.