Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are only 2 points if you are following the WW flex plan. Recipe source: WW handout
Make and share this Mushroom Burgers (Ww) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 8 small high-fiber whole wheat dinner rolls, split open
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- In a large zip lock bag or marinating dish put the mushrooms and vinaigrette in and let marinate for at least 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove mushrooms from bag, drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare grill and spray grill with Pam.
- Place mushrooms on grill, gill side down and cook for 3-5 minutes. Turn and cook other side for 3-5 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Remove from grill.
- Drain mushrooms on a paper towel, gill side down.
- Cut each mushroom into quarters.
- Place on buns topping with onion slices and tomatoes.
Yum! I had these on those thin buns they sell now and actually ate two! Thanks for a great healthy lunch. I did add just a little mayo to the buns. Made for Vegetarian Swap March 2010.
LOVED this recipe! As a mushroom lover, I am more than happy to eat mushrooms instead of meat any day, so was bound to love this recipe. I was particularly delighted by the wonderful flavour from the light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing and shall certainly keep this in mind - especially since I now have a bottle of it in the fridge! - when cooking my mushrooms in future. The instructions in this recipe were also really easy to follow. Always a plus! Probably one of the greatest things about a really low fat recipe is what it enables you to reasonably have WITH it. Tonight I combined making this recipe with making Kittencal's Perfect Caramelized Onions 89007, so I do confess to having NOT used the red onion. But I did add tomatoes, and they were top quality both in fleshiness and flavour. Thanks for sharing a great easy-to-make, and really very quick recipe, ellie_. And to others thinking of making this recipe, do note that most of the "preparation time" is in fact marinating time!