Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These burgers are SO good. Papa has big hands and makes these into the most delicious, colossal burgers you've ever had. Hard to improve on, but maybe a pinch of fresh thyme would be nice. I'd hate to mess these up, but maybe a bit of some kind of cheese mixed into the filling would be good too. Unsure yields - depends on how big you like 'em.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 -2 vidalia onions or 1 -2 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 (4 ounce) cans mushroom pieces, drained, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- Mix the ground chuck and pork sausage together well. Form thin burgers that are uniform in size.
- Fry the bacon crisp and remove it from the grease; reserving some of the grease. Crumble the bacon.
- To the reserved grease, add the onion, mushroom, and garlic. Saute’ to tender. Drain well. Mix the bacon and vegetables together.
- Place a hamburger patty on a flat surface and top with 2 tablespoons of the bacon mixture in the center. Top with another thin burger and seal the edges.
- Grill to desired doneness.