Recipe by charlie #5
These burgers are SO good. Papa has big hands and makes these into the most delicious, colossal burgers you've ever had. Hard to improve on, but maybe a pinch of fresh thyme would be nice. I'd hate to mess these up, but maybe a bit of some kind of cheese mixed into the filling would be good too. Unsure yields - depends on how big you like 'em.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 -2 vidalia onions or 1 -2 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 (4 ounce) cans mushroom pieces, drained, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground chuck and pork sausage together well. Form thin burgers that are uniform in size.
- Fry the bacon crisp and remove it from the grease; reserving some of the grease. Crumble the bacon.
- To the reserved grease, add the onion, mushroom, and garlic. Saute’ to tender. Drain well. Mix the bacon and vegetables together.
- Place a hamburger patty on a flat surface and top with 2 tablespoons of the bacon mixture in the center. Top with another thin burger and seal the edges.
- Grill to desired doneness.