Recipe by PiceSeasGirl
This recipe is so easy to make and tasty too. I have even made it with light cheddar cheese which works just as well. These make great leftovers too, I usually microwave the patty and throw on a fresh bun with all the fixings.
Top Review by Demelza
I have been making these burgers for years. Just a caution to those who are not fond of thyme, you may want to cut back on the amount of thyme you add as the flavour can be quite strong. I usually add some basil to these. I spread some garlic butter on a bun and lightly toast on the BBQ to serve these. Top with some lettuce, tomato, sliced dill and a bit of mayo and they are heavenly. These do not work on the BBQ grill, you have to put them on a piece of foil or pan fry them. The cranberry sauce as a condiment sounds great, try a crispy fried sage leaf with it. Great recipe. Demelza
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, Grated
- 8 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl.
- Stir in onion and mushrooms.
- Add breadcrumbs, flour, thyme, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Mix Well.
- Shape into patties, using ¼ Cup (60 ml) for each.
- Cook in a greased frying pan, browning both sides.
- Insert patties into buns.
- Serve with condiments.