Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
A healthy alternative, for all to enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients except spray.
- Shape into 6 patties 1 1/2" thick.
- Coat a broiler pan and rack with spray.
- Place patties on rack, and broil 3-5 inches from heat for 5=7 minutes each side.
- You can use fresh chopped mushrooms if you like, maybe shitake.
These were good but alittle dry. I enjoyed the broiler method for a change though and I know this methold dries the meat out more so I believe the next time I will add a bit more soy sauce or steak sauce to the mixture. Thanks for sharing your recipe Shirl!