Top Review by Sharon123
I love portabella mushroom burgers. Usually I just slice a big slice off and cook it with a big slice of onion. But I thought I'd check Recipezaar to find a different way to fix it. This is a great way to stretch the mushrooms a bit. Very filling and very pleasing. Thank-you for a good recipe!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups diced portabella mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup garlic and herb-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 eggs or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are cooked down and liquid has disappeared, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Combine with rest of ingredients; form into 2 patties.
- Sprinkle on black pepper.
- Grill on both sides until heated through.
- Serve on whole-wheat bun.