- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are cooked down and liquid has disappeared, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Combine with rest of ingredients; form into 2 patties.
- Sprinkle on black pepper.
- Grill on both sides until heated through.
- Serve on whole-wheat bun.
I love portabella mushroom burgers. Usually I just slice a big slice off and cook it with a big slice of onion. But I thought I'd check Recipezaar to find a different way to fix it. This is a great way to stretch the mushrooms a bit. Very filling and very pleasing. Thank-you for a good recipe!
This was great! I added green pepper when I cooked the mushrooms. Also I did not have portabellas so I used sliced white and chopped them as they cooked. I topped mine with a 1 steak sauce to make it extra yummy. thanks!
Yum Dancer! I found this recipe while searching for an interesting way to cook a few mushrooms that needed using. Rather than serving on a bun I used as a side-dish along with some salmon and salad and it all worked well together.