Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious, colorful brushcetta for those who prefer something other than tomato as a topping. From the internet.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, green and white parts,chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped (any type - your choice)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (not the powder stuff)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices,toasted
- Saute the peppers, scallions, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add basil and thyme, and cook uncovered until liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Parmesan, balsamic vinegar, salt& pepper.
- Spoon onto the toasted bread slices and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Heat under preheated broiler just until cheese melts.