Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty little before dinner treat. Quick and easy to make.
- 1 baguette
- 1 garlic clove (halved)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Slice baguette crosswise into 1 cm thick slices. Place on baking sheet, broil, turning once, until golden brown.
- Rub tops with cut side of garlic.
- In large skillet melt butter, add mushrooms and cook for about 8 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned and liquid is evaporated.
- Stir in onion, parsley and basil. Cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon over bread. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Made this for PAC 2006 for myself since I am the only mushroom lover in my family! I loved all the ingredients so of course I loved it! Thanks Sheri77 for posting. Roxygirl