Recipe by KristenErinM
this makes alot of very yummy soup. i ate it all up in several days but it would probably freeze well too.
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup instant brown rice
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- cook onion with nonfat cooking spray.
- add mushrooms and carrots and cook for 8-10 minute.
- add broth, rice, garlic, and seasonings,and 2 cups of water.
- cover and heat to boiling over high heat.
- reduce to medium, cook partially covered for 5 min or until rice is tender.