Recipe by Moody
This broth is good as a flavour enhancer in soups, stews, sauces, risottos etc... it is from the Essential Vegetarian Cookbook.
- 4 cups water
- 6 spring onions, white plus 1 inch of greens,sliced
- 1 fresh ginger, 1 inch,peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 leek, white plus 1 inch of greens,washed and sliced
- 4 dried porcini mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything in a stockpot,& bring to a boil on high heat.
- Cover, turning heat to medium-low, to simmer for one hour.
- Strain through sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- Discard the vegetables.
- Save broth in refridgerator for up to four days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.