Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mushroom brochettes are easy to make, and can be made all year, in the oven or on the BBQ. Fresh herbs are best, but not necessary.
- Clean the mushrooms well. You can scuff up the skin a little, so that the mushroom juices combine with the herbs.
- Mix the herbs together and crush them with a mortar and pestle, or just crush them together.
- Put 6 mushrooms on each of 4 bamboo skewers. Salt and pepper them, and sprinkle the herb mix over them.
- Put them under a hot grill (or on the BBQ) and turn them frequently. Sprinkle more herbs and salt and pepper once or twice.
- The mushrooms should be hot, and cooked but still crisp when they are done.
Ummm! I used my new grill pan and fresh herbs and they came out wonderful! I also used my zester to scrape up the mushrooms. I'll be throwing these on my grill the next time I cook outside! Thans Melissa!