Recipe by Lainey39
This makes a nice breakfast or brunch without meat. Recipe is from Family Circle.
Top Review by Bergy
Great combination - I had this for dinner and found it to be tasty and very satisfying - I cut the recipe back to 2 eggs, 1% milk, no oil just a spray of "No Oil" Enjoyed? Yes very much thank-you Lainey
- 4 eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- nutmeg, pinch
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagecrumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 4 cups salad greens
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat red wine vinaigrette
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, half-and-half, 1/4 t each of the salt and pepper; and nutmeg; set aside.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms to pan; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 t each of salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli; cook 2 minutes.
- Scrape mushroom mixture into a bowl; set aside.
- Place skillet back over medium heat; coat generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- When pan is hot, pour in 2/3 cup of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the mushroom mixture and a quarter of the feta down left side of the egg mixture.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold right side of egg over mushroom and cheese.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Carefully slide onto plate; keep warm.
- Repeat procedure for remaining 3 omelets.
- Mix salad greens with vinaigrette.
- Serve alongside omelets.